Aims of the Workshop:
This workshop aims at understanding anxiety, its causes and management. Students make a step to develop resilience which is not only crucial in career planning but also in life.
- They identify different models of the self (ideal-actual-ought selves) by examining expectations of others and their own expectations from themselves during the process of career decision.
- They distinguish between realistic and unrealistic expectations.
- They define anxiety as an emotional state. They understand the physiological reactions related with anxiety.
- They identify the negative automatic thoughts (e.g.: I am not smart enough, I can not succeed, They are better than me) which trigger anxiety.
- They consider the role of showing effort, developing new abilities and taking responsibility in managing anxiety.
- They learn the concept of resilience that is effective in managing life.
- They understand the link between internal factors (e.g. instincts, needs, emotions, beliefs and values) that unconsciously affect decisions and anxiety.
- Participants receive Anxiety Management and Resilience During Career Decision Making Workshop participation document after completion of the workshop.
- Parents can organise Follow-up Sessions and Additional Services in order to discuss the prominent points highlighted in the report.
Questions and Comments
Please send your questions and comments about our trainings and seminars