Not right but suitable:
This programme aims to guide Year 12 students in making a prompt career decision. It is tailored for students who feel time pressure, are indecisive about their degree of choice or would like to verify their decision. Students complete the 300 question TurQuest inventory developed in the UK to learn the career areas and degrees in line with their interests. They can assess how realistic and suitable their career areas of interest are through the mini self check questionnaires. In light of the evidence from the report, students can make an informed decision about their degree and career choice.
- Students explore their unique definitions of success, happiness, life, and career values.
- They list the career areas, occupations, and university degrees in line with their interests provided in the TurQuest inventory.
- They discover which aptitudes are required in different occupations through the Aptitude Inventory, and identify the areas they need to improve on.
- They discover interests that they are not yet aware of and match them with careers/occupations.
- Through TurQuest, students learn that interest in a certain occupation is not sufficient: they also need to be interested in the areas that support this career on a day to day basis. For instance, a student’s interest in fashion design may be 100% but they may have a lower interest in supporting areas such as IT or retail/buying/selling. The can decrease the numerical overall match value for a career in fashion design to 50%. Being aware of this when planning their career is vital to being prepared and preventing disappointment in the long run.
- Parents can participate in the sessions upon mutual agreement between them and the student: TurQuest Career and Occupation Choice Family Workshop
- Additional follow-up sessions can be planned as part of Follow-Ups and Additional Services.
Who Can Enrol?: Year 12
Duration: The duration of total consultation is 140 minutes and includes 1 session.
Location: Online or CAPS Education Office-Ataşehir
Inventories: TurQuest Career and Occupation Selection Inventory, Aptitude Inventory
Please contact us for online application of the programme, fees and dates.
For More Information
Submit us your phone number to get more information about one to one career counselling. We will contact you as soon as possible.