Not right but suitable:
This programme is similar to, but more comprehensive than, the TurQuest 1 Consultation Service as it considers the internal and external factors influencing the career decision. It will be most beneficial for students who have sufficient time and can be more flexible in their high school or IB subject selection. The 300 question TurQuest Inventory provides students with detailed information about the career areas/occupations in line with their interests. In light of this information, they make informed choices about their high-school subjects and/or university degrees. They evaluate different sectors and assess their personal suitability by completing mini self check questionnaires that outline relevant essential and desirable qualities. Accordingly, they make a career action plan. Students consider career planning as a process, and reflect on their unique definitions of success, happiness, life, and career values.
- They work on the internal factors such as instincts, needs, emotions, beliefs and values that unconsciously affect students’ decisions. Students also start to understand the reasons behind their behaviours and things they do or don’t.
- They list the career areas, occupations, and university degrees in line with their interests provided in the TurQuest inventory.
- Based on the suggestions in the report, students select their course or IB subjects if they have not already been selected.
- They learn their aptitudes, areas to improve and which aptitudes are required in different occupations through Cambridge Profile Inventory.
- They realise their interest that they have not been aware of and match them with careers/occupations.
- Through TurQuest, students learn that interest in a certain occupation is not sufficient for happiness, but they also need to be interested in the supporting areas. For instance, interest in fashion design may be 100% but lower interest in the supporting areas such as information technologies or retail/buying/selling can decrease the overall match to fashion design to 50%. Knowing this which planning the career is vital to prevent the disappointment in the long run and making the required preparations.
- Students gain knowledge about the sectors, organisational structures (manager, expert, administrative staff etc.) and sectoral values.
- They evaluate different options such as minor, major etc. From a multidisciplinary perspective and make short-medium-and long-term action plans.
- They clarify the topics to research and get consultation from others.
- They learn the occupations which intersect different career areas (For instance, biomedical engineering which combines medicine and engineering).
- They instantly access the TurQuest report and matching career areas via the app until students are 24 years old.
- The duration of total consultation is 240 minutes. The recommended number of sessions is 2, the maximum is 3 sessions.
- It is possible to organise the process with the active involvement of parents: TurQuest Career and Occupation Choice Family Workshop
- Additional follow-up sessions can be planned as part of Follow-Ups and Additional Services.
Who Can Enroll?: Year 9-10-11-12
Duration: The duration of total consultation is 240 minutes. The recommended number of sessions is 2, the maximum is 3 sessions.
Location: CAPS Education Ofice, Varyap Grand Tower A Blok D:11 Batı Ataşehir, İstanbul
Inventories: TurQuest Career and Occupation Selection Inventory, Cambridge Profile Aptitude Inventory
Please contact us for online application of the programme, fees and dates.
For More Information
Submit us your phone number to get more information about one to one career counselling. We will contact you as soon as possible.