Growth Starts with Curiosity and is Nourished with Education!
Would you like to start one step ahead in your professional life?
Develop yourself, clarify your career goal, and improve your professional skills.
Aim of the Programme
The certificate programme is for third and fourth year university students in Psychological Counseling and Guidance and Psychology departments as well as recent graduates. It was developed by integrating scientific research in learning and neuroscience related to the career decision process;
- Nurturing skills for personal growth and professional development
- Learning how to implement up-to-date research that has not yet been embedded in the university curriculum
- Ensuring they are prepared for working in the highly competitive professional arena
- Increasing professional skills in the fields of education, corporate human resources departments, psychological counseling services etc. by knowledge and abilities gained through the programme.
- Participants are expected to submit a written assignment/project and present it.
- To complete the programme, participants are expected to attend at least 80% of sessions.
- Participants who attend at least 80% of sessions and obtain less than a mark of 80 from the project and presentation will receive a participation document.
- Each training includes at least 10 participants.
- Session hours are from 09.00 to 17.15
Participants attending the Certificate Programme can complete the TurQuest and Aptitude Inventory Implementer Training Programme in 1 day instead of 2 days.
Reasons for TurQuest and Aptitude Inventory:
- The questionnaires, originally developed in the UK and implemented for 33 years, have been adapted for the Turkish education system
- Aptitude Inventory provides an indication of the areas (verbal, abstract, spatial and mathematical reasoning) in which the student performs quickly and accurately. Results will be interpreted alongside the career areas of interest within in the TurQuest report.
- The student will consider the people and experiences that have influenced them in the past and evaluate themselves from the perspective of their family and close others.
- The student will understand how their interests relate to 1) different industries and 2) the specific roles within these industries according to their organisational structure.
- Taking relevant career areas into account, students will have the chance to plan their undergraduate and postgraduate education appropriately from a multidisciplinary and holistic perspective.
- After completion of TurQuest and Aptitude Inventory, the student will have a 30-40 page report and an action plan. The questionnaire is in Turkish and the report is in English.
Personal Growth Centered Career Education and Guidance Certificate Programme for University Students
Who Can Enroll?
Third and fourth year university students from Psychological Counseling and Guidance and Psychology departments and recent graduates.
Formal / Online Training: 3160 TL + VAT (8%).
Duration of the Programme:
5 Days (45 hours of theory and 15 hours of application)
Optional 1 day TurQuest and Aptitude Inventory Implementer Training Programme
Formal/ Online Training: 630 TL + VAT (8%)
Please contact us for dates of this programmeCALL E-MAIL
TurQuest & Aptitude Inventory
Module 1: Awareness of Critical Concepts
What are ideal, real, and ought selves? How do they relate to the career decision? What are the building blocks that make us who we are? Which psychological dynamics influence our decisions? How can we manage these dynamics? Critical concepts that help us understand these dynamics and ourselves are comprehensively examined. Participants are guided in becoming aware of the effect of these concepts on career decisions. They also learn the in-class application of these concepts through interactive activities.
Module 2: Understanding the Brain
How does our brain function and how it is structured? How do different parts influence our emotions, thoughts, behaviours and attitudes? Teenagers’ career decisions are examined from a neuroscience perspective. Participants learn the relationships between students’ brains and their decision making, as well as how this information can be explained to students.
Module 3: Learning to Learn
What is happiness and success and how do they relate to learning? What is the deep learning model? How do our perceptions affect the learning process? Is awareness something learnt? What is cognitive and affective learning? The mechanism behind how information makes a difference on one’s self and one’s surroundings will be evaluated and discussed in detail. Commonly accepted definitions of happiness and success are questioned.
Module 4: Mind-sets and Neuroplasticity
What are fixed and growth mind-sets? How do students nurture growth mind-sets? What is neuroplasticity? What are internal and external loci of control? How can we support students in nurturing an internal locus of control? By examining the relationship between mind-sets, locus of control and neuroplasticity, these concepts are understood from the perspective of the brain. The effect of limiting beliefs and lack of responsibility on the career decision is addressed. Possible career guidance applications are discussed.
Module 5: International Standards in Career Education and Guidance
What are career theories and what is their history? What are postmodern theories and contemporary models? What are the international standards in career education? The historical development of career theories is explained from the perspective of the educational paradigm shift. Details of postmodern theories and contemporary models are clarified. Participants identify the relationship between zeitgeist and theories. International standards in career guidance are identified.
Module 6: Critical Dimensions and Skills in Career Planning and Construction
What are the consequences of being indifferent and incurious about life and career decisions? What are the essential skills? What is the relationship between resilience and career decisions? What is the importance of values in life and career decisions? Whilst the importance of ‘small details’ is emphasised, participants will learn to approach the career decision process from a broad and comprehensive perspective. Critical life skills that need to be developed for career decisions are discussed. The importance of values in the career decision process as well as methods for how students can establish these values is addressed.
Module 7: Applied Group Project
How do critical dynamics and concepts in relation to the career construction process affect out career journey? How can I increase my personal awareness during the career planning? How can I organise my career journey? How can I be an efficient career counselor? Participants increase their awareness by examining their own careers through what they have learnt through the programme. They take concrete steps in constructing their careers. They experience the essential knowledge and skills in order to be an effective career counselor by the project.
TurQuest & Aptitude Inventory
What are the interests and aptitudes of high school students? What are the requirements of the career areas they are interested in? Which sectors are their life and career values in line with? How can they evaluate how realistic their current career interests are? How can they be supported in choosing suitable career areas?
Participants attending the Certificate Programme can complete the TurQuest and Aptitude Inventory Implementer Training Inventory Programme in 1 day instead of 2 days.
Questions and Comments
Please send your questions and comments about our workshops and trainings